Swanage Museum is a Registered Charity (No 274200).
The Museum receives no regular funding and is run entirely by volunteers. We rely totally on public donations and shop sales income to carry on our work and meet the needs of the community.
Members receive a newsletter twice a year and are encouraged to contribute articles. Members also receive discounts on talks and other Museum events. Please join us!
Subscriptions Per Person
Annual Membership £6.00
Life Membership £50.00
We accept payment by cash or by cheque, made payable to ‘Swanage Museum’ or debit/credit card.
Using the Gift Aid scheme, the Museum can increase the value of your subscription or donation provided you pay tax (income or Capital Gains) equal to your contribution. Once your Gift Aid application is signed the declaration is valid until you cancel it.
How to Apply
Please download an application form here (PDF format).
Our volunteer team are a friendly and welcoming bunch. Whether you are looking to make new friends, or to add something different to your CV; fill up your spare time with something worthwhile and rewarding, there are lots of different ways to get involved – some of them on-site, and some from home. Here is a taster of what you could be doing.
- Heritage Team: Welcoming visitors to the museum and helping them get the most of their visit, helping in our museum shop
- Collections and Conservation Team: From cataloguing objects, to creating display panels.
- Local and Family History Research Team: Assisting people to delve into their past at the History Centre and help answer local history enquiries.
- Research Team: (on site, or from home) Helping to create brilliant online content
- Maintenance Team: Keeping the Museum safe and looking at its best
- Learning Team: Facilitating school visits and helping families get the most out of the Museum and our events
If you would like to find out more, please get in touch for an informal chat – either by telephone on 01929 421427 or by email: email@example.com
Gifts & Legacies
As a charity, we welcome all levels of support from generous individuals.
Remembering Swanage Museum and Heritage Centre by leaving a gift in your Will, no matter what size, can help us build and care for the collection, support special exhibitions and deliver learning and outreach services to the local community.
Our Treasurer would be happy to talk to you about how your gift could benefit the future work of the Museum.
If you have already remembered Swanage Museum or intend to do so, please feel free to get in touch. This will enable us to thank you and to stay in touch.
Why not remember someone special with a Swanage Museum tribute fund? The fund is named after the person who has died and becomes a lasting memorial to them.
Friends and family can contribute to the fund, and the money raised will be used to support the important ongoing work of the Museum.
As a charity, we welcome all donations from generous individuals.